Saturday, May 9, 2009

Why I am selling my focals instead of wire wrapping them

Several people have asked me why I have focal pendants for sale, but still look for damaged cabs to wire wrap -- because I stink at wire wrapping! I can use my focals for my stone necklace sets, where I don't wire wrap them, but then they have to be perfect, because there is no way to hide any blemishes. I look for messed up cabs to practice wrapping with craft wire, so I am not wasting good quality wire and if it comes out pretty good, I can still wear it myself. Gotta practice somehow! :) I want to get as good at wire wrapping as many of the people I admire are -- and I have got a very long ways to go! Yikes!

On that note, I think I'll do a prismacolor painting -- wire wrapping is testing my patience today.

I am, therefore I create.

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment