Friday, May 29, 2009

Patience, color schemes and more waiting
















Patience is a virtue I struggle mightily with -- whether it be waiting for something I want right now, or in dealing with my children -- so waiting to hear back about the loan for my business is eating me alive!

I turned in my P/L projections and now all I can do is wait for the board to review it and make their decision. The waiting is killing me -- but not as badly as bad news would. So, no news is good news, no news is good news,... that is my mantra for the moment.

In the meantime, I have distracted myself by working on some mockups of the exterior of the caboose -- trying to help myself decide what color to paint it. I can't use my first choice -- hunter green and tan, because then the caboose would blend right into the Sandhills surrounding it -- and we want this thing to be eye-catching, not fade away. I am definitely NOT an architectural artist -- pretty rough! They get the job done though!

So, my second choice would be butter yellow with hunter green trim. That one looks pretty good -- the lettering shows up well and is easy to read too. It is a pretty combination and would look great with the garden I am planning to put out front.


My third choice, burgundy and hunter green is pretty, but too dark and the lettering is hard to read.


My fourth choice (and the brightest) is very visible, but the lettering is hard to read -- however the red and yellow would certainly stand out. My biggest fear is that the red paint would take five coats because red paint is notoriously "streaky" and hard to work with.

I could switch the colors and make the main body of the caboose yellow and the trim red, but those are Union Pacific colors (the main train here in Nebraska) and this is Burlington Northern country up here. Actually, the caboose is currently Burlington Northern colors, but it blends right into the sky and the grass with those colors, so leaving it as is will not work.

So, it has been narrowed down to the butter yellow with hunter green and the red with yellow. Decisions, decisions, decisions!
I spent yesterday making a tray full of craft wire rings as well, so that families who stop in will have an affordable option for their youngsters who will want some "jewelry" but will promptly lose it after wearing it for a day. I know I would rather pay a $1 for that eventuality than $60 when it comes to my children, at least until they are older and (hopefully) learn to take better care of their belongings.


This work may all be for naught too, as I do not have final loan approval yet and may not know for another week! I will be so CRUSHED if this does not work out!


I am so excited about the opportunity to serve my community with jewelry repairs, watch batteries and custom jewelry, as well as offering an affordable line of quality jewelry of my own design.


Time to get the kids ready so we can work at the gallery again today. The weather is supposed to be nice, so I think they will get to take their bikes today (okay, she can take her bike and he can take his big wheel).


Hopefully my wire order will have arrived and I can "create" happily while they play. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment